formosa , latin for ‘beautiful’, is frequently used in the naming of Australian plants.
Formosa Design is an environmentally aware business creating contemporary designed products that focus exclusively on Australian flora & fauna. The 2010 debut collection is based on 5 unique designs.
The debut product range consists of cushions, purses, t-shirts, tea towels, purses, fabric brooches & fabric magnets.
- CONTEMPORARY AUSTRALIANA- designs focus exclusively on Australian flora and fauna
- 100% HANDMADE- designed, printed & sewn by Jen in her Canberra studio
- ECO-FRIENDLY- 100% organic cotton/hemp used with water based inks
- DIVERSE RANGE- cushions, t-shirts, tea towels, purses, fabric brooches & magnets
- ORIGINAL DESIGNS- created by Jen herself!
Jennifer Berney was born and raised in Perth, WA, where she completed a BA in Design majoring in Illustration. She has worked as a designer on leading brands including the Perth International Arts Festival and Rosendorffs. After moving to Canberra mid 2008 Jen took the opportunity to realise her dream of running her own sustainable business and Formosa Design was born.
Jen is passionate about the importance of our Australian natives, therefore Formosa Design focuses exclusively on Australian flora and fauna. Jen would like her product range to inspire people to plant Australian natives in their gardens thus attracting our local wildlife.
When & Where